About the job
Job Title: Scrum Master
Duration: 1-year contract
Location Houston, TX(Onsite)
- Facilitate all Agile ceremonies and provide Agile framework and Scrum guardrails.
- Embrace traditional project management duties including scope definition, resolving staffing conflicts, assisting with staffing augmentation, communicating the project status, and assisting with budget oversight and risk/issue management when needed.
- Consult and with stakeholders, management, vendors, and technicians to assess project progress reporting needs and outcome requirements.
- Author user stories, acceptance criteria, and partner in the execution of testing on projects.
- Anticipate the urgency to turn business requirements into deliverable work packages that are easily understood and articulated.
- Ensure increment planning results are well-defined and visible across all teams.
- Collaborate and partner with many teams to schedule work in the specified cadence, including defect remediation and refactoring, guarding against the accumulation of technical debt.
- Evaluate and expedite data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements.
- Embrace and excel in an environment that is fast-paced, where continuous improvement is expected, where change is the norm, and where short-notice operational pivots are required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, conflict management skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Knowledge of computer software that can assist the team to analyze information better, visualize data better, and expedite results better.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
- ScrumMaster Certification Required.
- 5-7 years’ experience required.