Jr Cloud Systems Engineer, US/Canada Residents only, Full-Time, Salary $60K-$70KMinimum 1 year of project experience required – fully remote position. Freshers are also encouraged to apply!
About us: Phoenix Recruitment offers a variety of recruiting services to assist both employers and employees. They specialize in marketing open positions, recruiting, and helping employers to find qualified candidates across various industries. Phoenix Recruitment has expertise in streamlining the hiring process. They can help ensure that the process is efficient, well-organized, and compliant with relevant regulations.
Job description: The Cloud Systems Engineer will be a part of a growing team focused on infrastructure services. The Individual must have experience working with cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS). This is a remote opportunity!
- Supporting Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Designs/implements/migrates/supports virtual Windows environments
- Creating PowerShell/Python scripts to support further environmental automation for our customers
- Create and implement AWS environments
- Building VP C’s
- Building EC2 instances
- Creating and managing Storage Gateways
- Creating Amazon FSx and data sync tasks for file server migrations
- Working with AWS Systems Manager
- Maintaining AWS Consoles for customer environments
- Understanding of security solutions (McAfee / Symantec, AV, SIEM, etc.)
- Designing, implementing, and performing cloud migrations for the infrastructure engineering organization. The position demands direct interaction with cross-functional teams and both internal and external customers.
- Migrating customer environments to AWS utilizing Cloud Endure or other
- Creating Infrastructure as Code via CloudFormation or Terraform
- Engage with engineering teams to support existing customer environments
- Providing support to our teams for technology transformation and refresh initiatives
- Partners with suppliers, architects, engineers, developers, and both internal and external customers to provide expert guidance to project stakeholders on upcoming and innovative technologies
- Provides specific technical expertise to solve complex problems on project-specific activities.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent MS Windows Server 2016, 2012, and 2008 troubleshooting ability
- Experience with Linux
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience with AWS / Azure
- Experience in building highly available environments
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies
- Experience and knowledge of the Cloud including Infrastructure as a Service, and public and private cloud solutions.
- Database migration experience
- Hands-on experience with server and operating system technologies
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies
- Data Center/Server Operational Components (Monitoring, Management, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, results driven with focus on high quality and excellent customer service as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to keep calm during a period of crisis and to provide the leadership and direction required to resolve the issue. Can perform independently with minimal supervision and make decisions in ambiguity.
- Strong emphasis on following ITIL standards and maintaining regulatory compliance. Preferred Certifications
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with storage platforms
- Experience with Veeam Backup solution
- Experience with clustering and certification with hypervisor technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1 year of extensive IT experience in multiple disciplines
- Certifications in AWS
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Preferred
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Preferred