About the job
Principal Mulesoft Software Engineer
The Principal MuleSoft Software Engineer works with the Project Managers, Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, and other stakeholders involved to lead implementations of MuleSoft APIs as required by the business. This role will require deep knowledge and extensive experience in MuleSoft’s Anypoint Studio and Anypoint Platform which includes Design Center, Runtime Manager, API Manager, Exchange, etc.
Role & Responsibilities:
Consulting with the Business on API Implementations
- Answering questions about existing APIs for reuse possibility
- Designing solutions to Business problems using existing and new API functionality
- Understanding Limitations and Opportunities of Mulesoft Anypoint Platform and the existing implementations.
Specifying API Designs:
- Creating RAML specifications
- Updating existing RAML keeping in mind best practices and reuse across the enterprise
- Negotiating API contracts with Stakeholders
- Designing Data Mapping between different systems and data formats
Leading the development of APIs:
- Reviewing code and Pull Requests
- Assessing the functional and non-functional requirements and creating designs that consider the existing API ecosystem.
- Mentoring and guiding developers on implementation details.
- Applying Best Practices to Implementations and assuring adherence to API standards.
- Above average business communication skills to discuss APIs with less technical stakeholders
- Able to easily evangelize use cases for Mulesoft APIs
- Setting expectations for development and project timelines.
Experience with Integration Adjacent Technologies and Devops
- Jenkins and CI/CD
- Git branching, merging, committing, and fixing source control conflicts3
- SQL, MQ, Certificates, SSL, XML, JSON.
- AWS, Azure
Must be able to meet with US team virtually as needed for project updates and certain peak periods or during emergencies. English verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Relevant Experience: 8+ years
Minimum Supervisory Experience:
Nature of Work:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Current Mulesoft Certified Developer (MCD), Mulesoft Solution Architect Preferred.